Thursday, February 18, 2010

Forgive me for i have sinned.

A Christian i am not, however we have all come to familiarise ourselves with the 7 deadly sins as spoken of in Christianity. Food itself is what i very much enjoy and given the time i enjoy cooking very much. However in this day and age when our lives are ruled by a million other things, we have all become a glutton to the finer (or unhealthier/take away) foods in life.

Besides that, I am also a nurse working in the Coronary Care Unit in a big public hospital and seeing/hearing about clogged arteries (or jumping on someone's chest trying to revive them) all the time does infest my mind while im eating. Every unhealthy meal i put into my mouth i cringe at the thought of what it is doing to my arteries and alot of the times i feel guilty about what i have stuffed into my mouth and my body. I am of the school of thought where being safer is better then being sorry. Yeah so each one of us are going to die one day but why make that journey harder and more painful at the end....why not make it a healthy one?

If your family is anything like mine, food has always played a huge part in our lives. Food reminds me of all the wonderful times we have spent together. It reminds me of my mother every time i cook a dish i have learnt from her.

Despite what my journal title might suggest, this journal isn't about feeling guilty about eating and enjoying the process of it. It is about reminding myself about what is negative in my mind about food. I want to share and hopefully receive healthy, light (and hopefully time saving) meal ideas that are satisfying ,indulgent (not in portion) and free my mind of the negatives that surround it. I hope i will encourage some and at the same time be encouraged.

PS: I am also big on saving energy/recycling and doing my bit no matter how small for the environment hence the black page...it uses less energy then white pages ;)...


With hopes and wishes
Sushi x

PS: YES my name is also the name of a yummy Japanese delicacy.
Bite me!!!

2 comments:

AprilDraven said...

LOL I am still going to call you SU ;) All capital letters to make up for not calling you Sushi haha

Sushi said...

Hahah i dont care what anyone calls me as long as i know they are talking about me...lol